Remote Depositions for Attorneys and Law Firms in Ohio!
Remote depositions are the new normal for attorneys and legal professionals across the world. While some might think there is nothing different about remote depositions, there are unique tactics one must take in preparation to help the proceedings run smoothly– especially when it comes to preparing a witness. DO NOT skip this step in your case, because there are major benefits that come from this preparation.
- Reduce witness anxiety
- Clarify the deponent’s role in the case
- Guarantee a consistent testimony
- Identify any tics a witness might have– such as fidgeting– that could be distracting or even suspicious to the opposing counsel.
- Provide information on handing documents and exhibits
- Notify everyone included (including your witnesses) that you wish to conduct a videoconference deposition. According to Ohio law, “The parties may stipulate . . . that a deposition be taken by telephone or other remote means.” (Ohio R. Civ. P. 30(b)(6))
- Contact your favorite Columbus, Ohio court reporting firm and inform then that the deposition will be occurring remotely. They will set up the videoconference.
- Email the exhibits to all parties before the deposition.
- Remember that you must say on record that the deposition will be conducted remotely by videoconference and the oath will be administered remotely.
- You need an external webcam or a device with a built-in webcam.
- Make sure you have good internet.
- Close browser windows and programs that you don’t need to avoid interruption or lag in your streaming.
- If a test reveals problems with your computer audio, call into the videoconference with the telephone number provided by the videconferencing platform.
3040 Riverside Drive, Suite 125
Columbus, Ohio, 43221
Columbus, Ohio Court Reporting and Legal News
Media writing is an important craft that businsses should incorporate for the highest impact on clients. Working social media is like fine-tuning an instrument, and only the best professionals can approach that with the skill businsses need. Our media writing...
Travel is time-consuming, stressful, and at times downright uncomfortable. We are always looking for ways to improve our travels, especially frequently traveling business professionals. An article on the New York Times listed a few key ways to make travel a little...
Anderson Reporting's incredible staff is equip to provide quality, verbatim transcript for any legal proceedings. Whether a court reporter is needed for a deposition, hearing, EUO, trial, or anything else, our staff is guaranteed to provide an accurate, well-formatted...
Anderson Reporting is pleased to announce their list of bar associations across North America. The list includes resources to the Ohio Bar Association, as well as states across the United States. Simply by searching for their state name, an attorney can easily find...
Anderson Reporting is pleased to announce our brand new page on the benefits of scheduling your litigation service online. The page outlines why attorneys need a mobile-friendly booking engine to increase their productivity, as well as how Anderson Reporting works to...
Anderson Reporting is pleased to announce our state-of-the-art conference rooms. It is crucial that, when meeting to discuss the important information of one's case, the legal team is in a comfortable space that has all the amenities they need to work. Luckily, with...