How To Find The Right Court Reporter In Columbus, Ohio
The Highest Standard of Reporting
A great court reporting firm is an important role in today’s courtroom trials and litigation strategies. In order to do the best by your team and clients, ensure that the court reporting firm of your choice exemplifies the same standard of commitment and professionalism that you look for. Before a successful working relationship can occur, take the time to ensure that your chosen court reporting agency follows some of the same quality standards and services we provide here at Anderson Reporting Services, Inc.
Certified Court Reporters
Court reporters in the United States are certified by the NCRA or National Court Reporting Association. They may have anywhere from a Registered Professional Reporter certification to a Certified Realtime Reporter License.
- NCRA certified court reporters should have at least an RPR certification and be able to type at 180-200 words per minute.
- All court reporters should represent themselves and their profession well by dressing appropriately for a courtroom setting.
- Their manner should show confidence and accuracy while being polite, respectful, and easy to work with.
- Court reporters should show proficiency in proofreading, editing, and researching with a care for spelling and important details.
Transcripts are an indispensable tool when it comes to analyzing crucial case components and keeping a detailed record of everything said. A court reporting firm should be able to produce and deliver a full transcript to your team in multiple formats within a timely fashion.
- Transcripts should always meet the minimum transcript format set up by the state.
- Physical transcripts should be delivered on time in a configuration that is easily unbound.
- Transcripts, E-transcripts, rough drafts, etc, should always be concise and accurate to the best of the court reporter’s ability.
- All court reporting firms should be open about their policies and schedules and use their prompt deliveries as a way to keep your team on schedule.
Complete Litigation Support
In today’s competitive field, quality court reporting firms have found it important to be a part of the litigation process from the beginning to the end. Because of this, many court reporting agencies now offer full litigation services in order to provide legal professionals with consistent assistance.
- Part of these services is to include data storage and record keeping through the firm’s website. There should be a client login with 24/7 remote access for on-the-go needs.
- Deposition and conference suites should be available for last minute scheduling.
- Short notice availability, interpreting services, multi-media presentations, and legal video services should also be on the list of provided services.
- Because today’s technology develops so quickly, your chosen court reporting firm should have a team of technicians on hand to ensure that all systems are synching correctly.
- They should also be using the latest CAT programs and be able to transfer all transcriptions to your team in the format you require.
Host a Remote Deposition with Us
Stay safe and healthy at home by scheduling a remote deposition with Anderson Reporting.
Our Columbus, Ohio Offices
3040 Riverside Drive, Suite 125
Columbus, Ohio, 43221
Keep Up With Our Blog
Find the Best in Columbus with Us!
Columbus is one of the most culturally rich cities in Ohio, and even the United States. Long-time residents and visitors alike can find a new game, restaurant, or museum to visit. Visiting attorneys, however, don't have the time...
Get Your Court Reporting FAQs Answered
Credt: AppearMe Court reporters are essential players in any attorney's legal team. Without a skilled court reporter, attorneys would not have the accurate transcripts they need to find success in the courtroom. What what exactly is it that court reporters do? And how...
Credit: Security Current When Anderson Reporting first formed in the late '80s, clients had to rely on phone calls and faxing to schedule a service. As the years went by, emailing became a great option for attorneys who perhaps couldn't step out of meetings to make a...