Remote Depositions for Attorneys and Law Firms in Ohio!
Remote depositions are the new normal for attorneys and legal professionals across the world. While some might think there is nothing different about remote depositions, there are unique tactics one must take in preparation to help the proceedings run smoothly– especially when it comes to preparing a witness. DO NOT skip this step in your case, because there are major benefits that come from this preparation.
- Reduce witness anxiety
- Clarify the deponent’s role in the case
- Guarantee a consistent testimony
- Identify any tics a witness might have– such as fidgeting– that could be distracting or even suspicious to the opposing counsel.
- Provide information on handing documents and exhibits
- Notify everyone included (including your witnesses) that you wish to conduct a videoconference deposition. According to Ohio law, “The parties may stipulate . . . that a deposition be taken by telephone or other remote means.” (Ohio R. Civ. P. 30(b)(6))
- Contact your favorite Columbus, Ohio court reporting firm and inform then that the deposition will be occurring remotely. They will set up the videoconference.
- Email the exhibits to all parties before the deposition.
- Remember that you must say on record that the deposition will be conducted remotely by videoconference and the oath will be administered remotely.
- You need an external webcam or a device with a built-in webcam.
- Make sure you have good internet.
- Close browser windows and programs that you don’t need to avoid interruption or lag in your streaming.
- If a test reveals problems with your computer audio, call into the videoconference with the telephone number provided by the videconferencing platform.
3040 Riverside Drive, Suite 125
Columbus, Ohio, 43221
Columbus, Ohio Court Reporting and Legal News
Slowly, but surely, legal professionals across the United States are returning to their physical offices in order to resume work in some semblance of "business as usual." For the time being, in order to keep everyone as safe as possible, we need to be doing what we...
Credit: Lifesize Depositions are a valuable step of the legal process that allows attorneys to gather a full profile of of facts and testimonies. This gives them the opportunity to analyze a transcript (recorded by their favorite Columbus court reporters) and make...
Credit: Herz Henerson Anderson Reporting is the premiere court reporting company in Columbus, Ohio. For decades now, attorneys in the Columbus area, and even across Ohio, have turned to Anderson for our fast and accurate court reporters, our top-tier litigation...
Credit: Microsoft Anderson Reporting is pleased to announce our new page on preparing for remote depositions. It is important that attorneys know the best ways to prepare for their depositions when occurring on a different format. This page serves as a resource for...
Credit: Verywell Mind In this day and age, it is crucial that everyone does all they can to remain healthy and safe. As the situation surrounding our public health crisis changes daily, everyone should keep in mind these these key pieces of advice to keep themselves...
Credit: Gulf State College The coronavirus has effected the lives of thousands and will likely continue to do so for the next several weeks. The staff at Anderson Reporting understands the importance of keeping safe and healthy during this trying time while also...