Know Some Major Differences About Remote and In-Person Deposition Preparation
Anderson Reporting Offers Remote Depositions for Those Affected by Covid-19
Anderson Reporting offers full service remote depositions for legal teams anywhere in the world. Our court reporting and legal videography team is experienced in all aspects of remote depositions for multiple locations.
Because they usually occur at a legal office or in a conference room, attorneys are having to get creative due to the global health crisis– leading them to turn to remote depositions. They serve the same purpose as an in-person deposition from the safety of one’s home, but attorneys should be aware of key preparation differences when getting their team ready for a remote deposition. Learn about these differences by reading the sections below.
Preparing for Remote Depositions
- Inform everyone involved ahead of time that you wish to conduct a remote deposition.
- Share all necessary documents and exhibits with all parties– including the opposing counsel and court reporter.
- Make sure you have a working webcam and microphone (either built-in or external).
- Create a clean and professional background.
- Limit any background noise as possible.
- Wear professional attire.
- To ensure everyone is heard, speak slowly, clearly, and do not speak over another person.
Preparing for In-Person Depositions
- Book a meeting space ahead of time.
- Reserve any necessary equipment at least 48 hours ahead of time.
- Take into account any travel time and expenses.
- Arrive at the meeting space early.
- Dress for court
1421 West Third Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212
Columbus, Ohio Court Reporting and Legal News
Behind every court reporting firm are dedicated individuals who work tirelessly to ensure their client's cases are met with the best services possible. There are quick, efficient court reporters, certainly, but there are also video specialists who produce crystal...
Credit: Network Deposition Services In recent years, online videos have taken the world by storm. Many people use avenues like YouTube as their primary form of entertainment. As a result, many businesses have taken to upping their online marketing game with video...
Media writing is an important craft that businsses should incorporate for the highest impact on clients. Working social media is like fine-tuning an instrument, and only the best professionals can approach that with the skill businsses need. Our media writing...
Travel is time-consuming, stressful, and at times downright uncomfortable. We are always looking for ways to improve our travels, especially frequently traveling business professionals. An article on the New York Times listed a few key ways to make travel a little...
Anderson Reporting's incredible staff is equip to provide quality, verbatim transcript for any legal proceedings. Whether a court reporter is needed for a deposition, hearing, EUO, trial, or anything else, our staff is guaranteed to provide an accurate, well-formatted...
Anderson Reporting is pleased to announce their list of bar associations across North America. The list includes resources to the Ohio Bar Association, as well as states across the United States. Simply by searching for their state name, an attorney can easily find...