Know Some Major Differences About Remote and In-Person Deposition Preparation
Anderson Reporting Offers Remote Depositions for Those Affected by Covid-19
Anderson Reporting offers full service remote depositions for legal teams anywhere in the world. Our court reporting and legal videography team is experienced in all aspects of remote depositions for multiple locations.
Because they usually occur at a legal office or in a conference room, attorneys are having to get creative due to the global health crisis– leading them to turn to remote depositions. They serve the same purpose as an in-person deposition from the safety of one’s home, but attorneys should be aware of key preparation differences when getting their team ready for a remote deposition. Learn about these differences by reading the sections below.
Preparing for Remote Depositions
- Inform everyone involved ahead of time that you wish to conduct a remote deposition.
- Share all necessary documents and exhibits with all parties– including the opposing counsel and court reporter.
- Make sure you have a working webcam and microphone (either built-in or external).
- Create a clean and professional background.
- Limit any background noise as possible.
- Wear professional attire.
- To ensure everyone is heard, speak slowly, clearly, and do not speak over another person.
Preparing for In-Person Depositions
- Book a meeting space ahead of time.
- Reserve any necessary equipment at least 48 hours ahead of time.
- Take into account any travel time and expenses.
- Arrive at the meeting space early.
- Dress for court
1421 West Third Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212
Columbus, Ohio Court Reporting and Legal News
At Anderson Reporting, you can expect only the best court reporting professionals to work on your case. Before you work with Anderson, get to know the women behind the firm a little better on our "About" page: our President (Gayle Anderson) and Vice President (Christy...
Slowly, but surely, legal professionals across the United States are returning to their physical offices in order to resume work in some semblance of "business as usual." For the time being, in order to keep everyone as safe as possible, we need to be doing what we...
Credit: Lifesize Depositions are a valuable step of the legal process that allows attorneys to gather a full profile of of facts and testimonies. This gives them the opportunity to analyze a transcript (recorded by their favorite Columbus court reporters) and make...
Credit: Herz Henerson Anderson Reporting is the premiere court reporting company in Columbus, Ohio. For decades now, attorneys in the Columbus area, and even across Ohio, have turned to Anderson for our fast and accurate court reporters, our top-tier litigation...
Credit: Microsoft Anderson Reporting is pleased to announce our new page on preparing for remote depositions. It is important that attorneys know the best ways to prepare for their depositions when occurring on a different format. This page serves as a resource for...
Credit: Verywell Mind In this day and age, it is crucial that everyone does all they can to remain healthy and safe. As the situation surrounding our public health crisis changes daily, everyone should keep in mind these these key pieces of advice to keep themselves...